The online home of SPUN - Spydus Users Network Inc
SPUN - Spydus Users Network Inc. - is an association that aims to provide its members with channels to gather and disseminate information about the Spydus software system, to liaise with the vendors of Spydus (Civica) on matters of interest to the group, to liaise with other computer system user groups in Australia and overseas, to promote co-operation between members and other appropriate organisations, and to provide a forum for co-operative ventures.
Spydus is a library/information management system developed in Australia. For further information visit the Civica site.
SPUN Spydus Users Network Incorporated (in NSW) is a very active user group with regular meetings and an annual conference, its members are from all types libraries across Australia and overseas. SPUN membership is currently open to licensed users of Spydus, contact the SPUN Secretary for information on joining.
Annual National Conference
The 2014 conference will be held from Wednesday 22 October until Friday 24 October at:
186 Exhibition St,
- Presentations from the conference will be available in the documents area of the web site after the conference.
- 2014 SPUN Conference Program (Oct 20, Final)
- Questions on notice to Civica form
- Questions on notice for Training session
- Delegates list
- Conference Registration Form and Tax Invoice (in Word format - updated Sep 11)
- Accommodation is not included in the registration, each delegate must book their own accommodation for the conference.
- The venue, Rydges Melbourne offer accommodation at a special rate of $200 per night including breakfast for 1 and WiFi.
- To take advantage of this special rate please:
- If calling, please press ‘1’ for reservations
- Provide the reservations staff with your booking details (dates of your stay, name, contact details, credit card details) and the event code: # 453073
- Subject to availability, your reservation will be made at the discounted rate ($200 per night, breakfast included for 1) and a confirmation sent to the provided email address
- (To check out the hotel features and room types please visit http://www.rydges.com/accommodation/melbourne-vic/melbourne-cbd/welcome/ )
- SPUN Exec Victorian members -- Phill, Michelle, Natasha
- To provide a forum for Civica to present members with new/improved features and developments in Spydus.
- To provide Civica with feedback on Spydus and have input into its future development.
- To obtain information on the business plans, performance and status of Civica, the company.
- To provide members with opportunities to network and exchange information.
- To showcase innovative applications and projects involving Spydus.
- To increase members' awareness of technology trends and opportunities that may influence Spydus and library operations.
- To hold a SPUN AGM to conduct necessary business.
- To provide members with an informative, stimulating, enjoyable and value-for-money conference experience.
The new Executive Committee was elected at our AGM on Friday 1st November 2013 at the SPUN Conference on the Gold Coast.
The office bearers are:
- President: Phill Webb (Bayside Library Service, Victoria)
- Secretary: Linda Seymour (Cockburn Public Library, Western Australia)
- Treasurer: Michelle Donelly (Maribyrnong Library, Victoria)
The new executive is still in handover mode so please bear with us while we make the transition from outgoing executive to new executive if it takes a little while to respond to any membership queries or requests to join the website or mailing list.